KINDNESS PROJECT NORTHEAST DROP-IN
We recognize this time in history as one of tremendous change and uncertainty. As a society we are at a crossroads related to the fundamental basis of our work and sense of direction – do we work from self-interest or the concern of others? Kindness Project Northeast was set up in 2015 informally without realizing the ‘real’ demand for such an organization. It has now evolved into a community project that is constantly growing and changing dictated by the needs of our current global society and political difficulties.
- We aim to create a platform for a shared directory
- Provide practical guidance and educational teaching on the benefits of kindness
- Create a series of creative hubs set up all over the Northeast where participation is rewarded with an act of kindness either received or paid forward
- Set up events in line with actions being taken
- Put the community at the heart of everything we do
- Continue to recruit volunteers and give free ongoing training and development in line with current guidelines
- Work collaboratively with established organisations both locally and nationally.
Drop-in is a time to discuss and plan projects and then make them happen, matching individual skills to current social projects running. We look forward to welcoming all (16 years old and over)
Time: 12pm – 2pm
Dates: Each week during term time
Location: Broadacre House
Contact: Recovery College Collective
Course Leader: Sara Lourenco