KINDNESS PROJECT NORTHEAST DROP-IN
We recognize this time in history as one of tremendous change and uncertainty. As a society we are at a crossroads related to the fundamental basis of our work and sense of direction – do we work from self-interest or the concern of others? Kindness Project Northeast was set up in 2015 informally without realizing the ‘real’ demand for such an organization. It has now evolved into a community project that is constantly growing and changing dictated by the needs of our current global society and political difficulties.
- We aim to create a platform for a shared directory
- Provide practical guidance and educational teaching on the benefits of kindness
- Create a series of creative hubs set up all over the Northeast where participation is rewarded with an act of kindness either received or paid forward.
- Set up events in line with actions being taken
- Put the community at the heart of everything we do
- Continue to recruit volunteers and give free ongoing training and development in line with current guidelines.
- Work collaboratively with established organisations both locally and nationally.
Drop-in is a time to discuss and plan projects and then make them happen, matching individual skills to current social projects running. We look forward to welcoming all (16 years and over)
Time: Please ring Recoco to confirm
Dates: Each week during term-time
Location: Broadacre House
Contact: Recovery College Collective
Course Leader: Sara Lourenco