The Recovery College part of the Collective is an independent entity, supported by Northumberland, Tyne and Wear NHS Foundation Trust. Our aims are:
- To provide a peer led, peer delivered education and support service where people can learn from each other’s insights, skills and lived experience.
- To nurture a community of warriors and survivors towards a sense of belonging and acceptance for who, what and how they are.
- To enable connection and friendship
- To provide opportunities that allow students to aspire to be their best selves.
- Identifying and recognising their innate strengths and talents and their ability to help others.
- To promote recovery through peer led education and other peer led activities.
- To provide a focus for peer leadership, peer support and recovery orientated practice.
- To be directed by people who use (or have used) mental health services.
- To enable collaboration between mental health service providers and organisations that support these aims.
You can download our 2016-2017 annual report here.